CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

"Kiss" by Ted Dekker

I admit, the title made me arch my eyebrows and give it a questioning look. "'Kiss'?? Really, Dekker? This better not be a sappy romance." It isn't. Although there is a bit of mild kissing (but nothing more).

I read this book, in spite of the title, because I've read some of Ted Dekker's books before, and I really like his style. This book was no exception, and possibly my favorite of his so far. The plot was fantastic, the mystery quite mysterious and the characters engaging and real. His writing style makes the story come alive for me, more than any other author I've ever read. I can SEE the places, his characters; everything is so real, it could have been a movie.

I can't say more, because any information would spoil the story. All I can say is, don't let the title fool you, this is an amazing book. Do yourself a favor and read it!

~Lizzie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, "Ted Dekker" sounds familiar but I've never read anything by him. I'll check for this book at our library!

Anna Taylor said...

I love this book!My family was a little like what are you reading!?!:)

Allie said...

I also loved this book!! I didn't even know he had a new book out until you told me about it, and now I've read it twice already. :)

Anonymous said...

I found "Showdown" by Ted Dekker. Is it worth reading?

Lizzie said...

I don't know, Abigail... that one's the next one I want to read. :)