CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Tangled" Movie Review

An animated story of Rapunzel, with exciting twists and adventures along the way.


I LIKE THIS MOVIE.

It is super funny, and surprisingly clean! It doesn't contain any rude humor that I picked up on, nor inappropriately dressed girls. (The evil old lady's may be a little low at times, but not shockingly so). There were only one or two things that struck me as objectionable. One was a conversation between Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, (a handsome bandit! ;), when Rapunzel is struggling with guilt over disobeying the woman she thinks is her mother, by leaving the tower. Flynn tells her that it's part of growing up, to rebel at a certain age and break your mother's heart. There is an impression that Flynn's advice is not to be trusted at this point, yet the statement is never openly refuted. This is not a good thing for kids to hear, as it makes an excuse for and encourages sin nature. If you watch the movie with children, consider doing some explaining/correcting during this scene. The other possible objection was an emphasis on following your dreams, which isn't all bad, but gets blown out of proportion by Disney all the time.

I definitely do recommend "Tangled," unless you harbor an abhorrence for animated films, or happily-ever-after stories. I personally love both. And I want a horse like Maximus!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Great review :) I agree with you, I really enjoyed the movie!

Free online tangled said...

Greaaaat review! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Just when you thought Disney is going the wrong way for the past 3 years, they come up with this amusing and nice pictures for the entire family.